Friday, May 20, 2011

Raining Umbrellas Week 3 Assignment


Winter is an etching,
spring a watercolor,
summer an oil painting
 and autumn a mosaic of them all.
~Stanley Horowitz

This week's assignment, Changing Seasons. I wanted to collage, but am having a hard time figuring out how to print square photos so... I decided to not stress myself and to just post them here. This was a great challenge, to find photos that not only fit the season, but that somehow went together, then when post processing, to keep in mind that they are a "set." And then I decided to up the creative ante, and be even more vulnerable by adding some haiku which I'm brand new at but am finding disarmingly attractive. So much can be said and conveyed in seventeen tiny syllables. An awesome challenge for this normally very verbose person.

I hope you enjoy.


A frosty morning
awakes the long winter night
sun sparkles on leaves




Ripe blossoms offer
the brightest and sweetest pinks
my soul awakens



Long dreamy summer
meanders thoughtless and sweet
 fearless heart opens




Earth’s gorgeous hurrah
in silent preparation
wails her deathbed song

3 comments:

  1. Mouthwateringly (if that makes sense) gorgeous, Debby! You really have a talent for capturing beauty with your camera!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debby, the softness of your images is delightful! I love the poem at the beginning, really sets the scene well :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so beautiful, thank you!

    ReplyDelete

There seems to be a problem with posting comments. I'm trying to figure it out. I so appreciate you wanting to comment, and please, feel free to email me anytime at debby.aloha@gmail.com