Thursday, May 26, 2011

Next word ~ Beauty

This is a travel week. A two-day road trip with my oldest daughter, Seattle to the Bay Area, along the coast. I SO love road trips, and also, visiting a place where blooms are happening that have already spent themselves here! It's like a second chance. So, for beauty, three pics of cherry tree blossoms in my daughter's neighborhood, straight from the camera, with my brand new lens, a birthday present to myself. I'm SO excited about the lens now that I've seen these pics. Oh, be still my heart... here I was saying that dogwood is my favorite spring tree, but I'm not sure even dogwood can top the feeling that these lovely cherry blossoms give me!

Off next with my sisters to Calistoga for a couple of days to hang out, shop, and soak in some warm mineral pools. The three of us haven't been together like this in over twenty-five years... wow, where does the time go...



3 comments:

  1. Debby, your flower photos are stunning!
    I love the light and the delicate feel of each of them!
    Luck :D
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just gorgeous! I love the softness and dreamy quality to these photos, Debby. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These photos are amazing. I can smell the flowers only by looking at them. The depth feels really tactile. I especially like the balance in the third one: such a nice circle of delicate beauty. Again you made me smile, Debby. Enjoy your stay in Calistoga!

    ReplyDelete

There seems to be a problem with posting comments. I'm trying to figure it out. I so appreciate you wanting to comment, and please, feel free to email me anytime at debby.aloha@gmail.com