Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Adventure

We're halfway through the Lessons in Creativity eCourse and I just realized that each week we get three words that we are supposed to express somehow through creativity. So, I'm a little late getting started, but here's the first one for this week: Adventure~a word that sends warm tingly feelings up and down my spine...

I've been so lucky in the last six years to have had some incredible adventurous experiences. The first two came out of the desire to step outside the bounds of living a fearful life, and the last one, three months on the small Hawaiian island, Moloka'i, came out of a need to retreat, be alone, grieve, and (hopefully) do some healing. I played with these pictures all day today, literally, so far about ten hours (!). I'm thinking it might actually be kind of cheezy, but whatever, I learned a lot and had a whole lot of fun doing it.

These adventures changed my life. In huges ways. Looking at the photos again, thinking about those times, I realize again what hugely transformative experiences they were. Here's a little peek. Hope you enjoy. (Be sure to click on the pic if you need it bigger to read the text.)


Swimming with wild dolphins, Bimini Island, the Bahamas






Europe ~
Traveling part of the time with  my youngest daughter, part of the time alone





Three Months Alone on Moloka'i

 





See you again soon!

5 comments:

  1. Unbelievable, Debby! I can tell you spent alot of time working on these...they turned out beautiful! Love your photos, love the postcard idea, the things you wrote...everything. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love!! So beautiful!
    I'm totally with you when it comes to adventure… so many possibilities!
    Great job!

    Jami

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh the images are fabulous and it's great that they definitely tell a story about you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Debby, the three journeys must have been very special. I think, although they must have had something in common, they really are different from each other.

    I can imagine you were impressed by the power of nature, the awareness of being/feeling very 'little' as a human being, swimming in the ocean, between these fantastic animals. And how did it feel to 'fly' in that o so tiny plane?

    What was your impression about Europe and the people over here? I'm really curious about it.

    And wow, Molokaï, it must have been a unique sensation to be there. It seems to be very beautiful and 'original', 'authentic'. I'm melting if I see these fantastic sunsets, the different shades of colour of the water, the beaches, the flora ... And I can imagine the warmth of the people.

    When I was 23, I spent a little month in Ecuador and backpacked through that amazing little South American country and visited the Galapagos too. Reading your words and seeing these photos makes me think about this unforgettable adventure for myself ...

    I really like the way you look at life, the way you write about it and the way you translate these impressions into your photos ...

    Thanks a lot for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the idea of this postcard story for this exercise. and I can feel how adventure you are... and blessed with the opportunities to visit many places.

    ReplyDelete

There seems to be a problem with posting comments. I'm trying to figure it out. I so appreciate you wanting to comment, and please, feel free to email me anytime at debby.aloha@gmail.com