Saturday, September 20, 2014

How About You?




This morning when I went to the park, there were so many crows, and they were raising a huge ruckus. I mean loud, so loud and so continuous that I finally just had to stop meditating (or trying to!) and marvel at them. Perched high in a couple of the big, broad trees, deep black shapes against the sky and the foliage, new ones flying in, announcing their arrival, it was a beautiful sight.

When I got home, I looked them up in my Animal Speaks book, and here's what Ted Andrews has to say about them:
Wherever crows are there is magic. They are symbols of creation and spiritual strength. They remind us to look for opportunities to create and manifest the magic of life. They are messengers calling to us about the creation and magic that are alive within our world every day and available to us. 
It's hard not to be in awe... every moment, actually. If we just look around, pay attention, be aware. Nature is magical. She is mystical. She has so much to share with us, show us, teach us; so many ways to inspire, to amaze, to help, to heal even. Do you ever stop to think that our lives are completely and utterly dependent upon Her? That without Her, there would be no life, period?

My wonderful & amazing friend Jill has decided to start her own Honoring Nature project this Monday as well. I'm wondering if there's anyone else out there who might want to join in? It doesn't have to be much... maybe even just a moment during the day, an alarm set on the phone, to remind you to stop what you're doing. and think about our Earth home. Or as you're waking up, or just before going to sleep, when the sun sets, the wind blows through the turning leaves, the crow caws. When you eat that tomato, that piece of chicken, drink the milk, be it cow's, almond, or coconut, gas up the car, when you read or hear that she, our planet, our home, is in peril. Maybe pause for just a moment... send out a little thought... a thank you, a prayer...  a little piece of  your heart.

Image from the 2011 Official Earth Day Poster, Words by Llewellyn Vaughan Lee, beautiful font by Bright Ideas, Typography design by me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

There seems to be a problem with posting comments. I'm trying to figure it out. I so appreciate you wanting to comment, and please, feel free to email me anytime at debby.aloha@gmail.com