Friday, November 21, 2014

Today


Today I am grateful for clarity amidst a sea of blur... (no doubt why I'm so in love with my new Lensbaby lens...)

I am grateful for the people I work with that help me heal... on all levels, that help my psyche and my nervous system and my body and my spirit recover from early and not so early life traumas and woundings.

Today I bow down to the sacred journey... to the great mystery of who we are, why we are here, and why we have the experiences we do... and what fertile ground they provide for deep and sustained transformation and growth.

Today I am humbled by courage... that invisible thing that somehow, through some grace not of my own doing, deposited itself in my lap years ago, and has propelled the journey ever since... to keep going, to keep looking, to keep asking, to keep inquiring, to not give up, even when it is really hard, even when it feels like it will never end; that has met the longing for knowing, understanding, and healing and walked hand in hand with it on this long road.

Today I am grateful for the small but precious circle that surrounds and supports and sees and listens, and for the tenderness, patience, understanding, and love found there.

Today I am especially thankful for the puzzle piece that slipped almost silently into place, unexpected and yet hungered for, safe in the warm lit room, sprawling oaks and golden maple leaves under a deep gray canopy outside, desperately needed rain, a long awaited visitor tapping at the window; heart spilling open, a light of truth dawning so bright it sends me reeling, and from it, a knowing, deep, abiding, that this is it, this is the thing, the part that has been eluding me; and suddenly it all makes sense and I know, just as I know my own name and my reflection in the mirror, that this is what it's all about... this particular circumstance, this room, this longing, this journey, this life... and I am blown open... plain and simple... blown open... yet again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

There seems to be a problem with posting comments. I'm trying to figure it out. I so appreciate you wanting to comment, and please, feel free to email me anytime at debby.aloha@gmail.com