Monday, April 18, 2011

Words and Images


I've sat and tried to write many times since celebrating One Hundred and the only result has been a blank page. And a lot of discouragement. Though on the other hand, some days, I am sitting for hours working on my photos. I mean hours, absorbed, lost, in the best way possible. More lately, I'm noticing that the words that aren't appearing in Microsoft Word are instead showing up in my art. Since I'm a firm believer that we can trust not only wherever we are, but whatever springs from within (decisions, movement, creative output), I'm going to stop resisting (at least for a bit) and go with what is. In that spirit, here are some of the images and words that have shown up in the past couple of weeks. And just like with writing, or with collage or any other creative process, none of it is an accident, it all reflects in one way or another the inner landscape. So, here are bits and pieces of this particular interior. I want to say that I'll be back to writing... indeed, I hope to be back to writing, but we never actually really know, do we? I certainly didn't know that flying off on my own would lead to such darkness... or that in the midst of said darkness the occasional blinding brightness would appear, often to disappear just as quickly; or that the sweet stuff of romanticism, of wanting and desire, would surprise me by its sudden appearance, that tenderness and the hunger for serious self love would float up and fix itself so firmly on my horizon...

We just never know... and all we can ever do is honor, tolerate, laugh through, accept, rail against, breath with, relax into, cry about, be with, go for each and every moment as it comes along...

and p.s., if the impulse is there, you can click on the photos to make them larger.







All the best,
Debby

2 comments:

  1. Sweet Innocence really pops.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking at each one and thinking "how does she do this?" sweet innocence is the one that pops out, but I'm also loving flying solo and sheer delight. I look forward to reading more of your writing. because you do it very well.
    be well Debby.

    ReplyDelete

There seems to be a problem with posting comments. I'm trying to figure it out. I so appreciate you wanting to comment, and please, feel free to email me anytime at debby.aloha@gmail.com